Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg A. Woods
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior
[ On Sunday, March 3, 2002 at 03:02:58 (+0200), Vadim Vygonets wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior
>
> As most MUAs don't even show the information in,
> say, Resent-From: instead of From: in the list of messages,
> redirecting (bouncing) mail makes it not obvious that the
> recipient wasn't one of the original recipients (perhaps
> mentioned in Bcc:). I don't know whether Windows MTAs show
> Resent-* headers by default, but not all UNIX MTAs do.

Maybe not all UNIX MTAs know about Resent-* headers, but _most_ in fact
do know about them and a very good number provide commands to use them
too. They've only been part of RFC-822 since the very beginning.

The only still commonly used UNIX MTA I know of that does not do
anything special with resent-* headers (though it doesn't hide them
either) is UCB Mail (aka mailx). I've got patches somewhere that mostly
implement the interesting bits though and I guess I could clean them up
and post them.... :-)

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098; <gwoods@???>; <g.a.woods@???>; <woods@???>