Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
Dla: Exim Users Mailing List
Temat: Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> MUA's should _not_ generate autoresponses, ever. Anything that generates
> an autoreponse is an MTA.

I personally think of an autoresponder like a secretary:

 Auric: I'm going to Switzerland; can you reply to my emails to let them
        know when I'll be back to read them?

Jill: Sure. Should I reply to everyone? ... Should I use your account?

 Auric: Yes, just send them from me -- just click "Reply". But be sure to
        not reply to any mailing lists!

Jill: Anything else?

 Auric: Only reply to each sender one time -- even if they mail me several
        times.

> 1. No mail generated under program control should ever use an address
> from a header as its recipient.

"Program control"?? A program should act like if I did it manually.

> 2. No mail generated under program control should ever use anything
> other than "<>" as its envelope sender address.

<> is the SMTP mailer. A simple autoresponder is no mailer daemon.

Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w