Re: [Exim] SMTP problems

Góra strony
Autor: dman
Dla: exim mailing list
Temat: Re: [Exim] SMTP problems
On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:18:48PM +1000, robert stanford wrote:
| >Why do you need an SMTP proxy? What are you trying to achieve
| >and why do you think an SMTP proxy would solve *anything*?

| I have a machine acting as a gateway for a network, its quite limited on
| memory and disk space, however I'd like to use it as an smtp proxy in
| order to reject spam and executable attachments.

Simply have your gateway perform port-forwarding to the SMTP server.
The gateway won't be doing any more than TCP/IP level routing. Let
the SMTP server decide whether or not to reject the message, etc.

-D

--

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have
told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and