Re: [Exim] About local_scan() -function

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Greg Ward
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] About local_scan() -function
On 01 March 2002, Petri Laatunen said:
> Spec.txt of Exim 4 says it's not recommended to modify the file behind fd
> which local_scan function get's as its argument.
>
> So, how do I make updates in that file right way? Of course I can generate
> a new message and try mail it, but what do I do with the old one?

I had the same concern; I'd like to use local_scan() to run messages
through SpamAssassin and reject spam. SA adds some headers to all
messages it processes, and it would be nice to see those headers on
false negatives: "Why did this spam leak through? Oh, here's what SA
found...".

What would happen if local_scan() rewrote the message header file,
anyways? Complete pandemonium, or just subtle problems in some
as-yet-unrealized future version of Exim?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???