[Exim] ldap and internal mail routing

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Brendon Caligari
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] ldap and internal mail routing
I have to set up an email for an organisation that has one domain, one
'public IPed' mail server and a handful of other mail servers on it's
private wan. Administration of users has to be centralised at the HQ
(i.e. where the main server resides).

Started doing a bit of research and the logical way to go seems to be
using LDAP for 'user@???' mail routing. I gave up on sendmail on
viewing sendmail.cf and after a bit of reasearch I opted for exim over
other mtas. Bought the book (incredible piece of work), printed the
FAQ, with all the other bits and pieces around I think I'll manage with
a bit of effort (and time). However, I couldn't find a decent source
of information on setting up LDAP (openldap) etc etc.

Am I on the right track after all? Would anybody know of a good source
of Exim+LDAP for such scenarios?

Also, I was thinking of using Red Hat 7.2 as a distribution. Should I
use the RPMs (apparently only 3.22) or build from sources? (esp since
i need ldap turned on etc)? Are there reasons why not to use RH7.2 but
something else, say FreeBSD?

tks

Brendon

PS: If I have posted this question to the wrong place please send me a
direct email and I will go into hiding for the next few years :)