Re: [Exim] Pid files and Exim4

Author: Raghavendra Bhat
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Pid files and Exim4
Dean Brooks posts :

> Using Exim4, I have spool_directory set in our config files to
> alternate directories for some of our fallback configurations.

Can you tell us which config files in which you have set the spool
directories ? Are you using a packaged version of Exim4 or have you
compiled it locally ?

> the compile time default, rather than into the actual spool directory
> specified in the configuration file.

Presume that you have copied /src/EDITME to a created dir `Local' and
have renamed it to `Makefile'. If it is so, then the Exim pid file is
written inside the dir you specify therein; I have specified for my
Debian system /var/run/exim. The default behavior if this is not
specified is that the pid file is written to /var/spool/exim.

> Is this intended behavior?

The intended behavior is what you specify in the makefile or else it
defaults.

HTH.
--
 /(__  __|\  ragOO, VU2RGU<->http://gnuhead.dyndns.org/<->GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E
(    \/  __)_       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio