Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

Góra strony
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Dla: Mark Morley, exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 03:41:09PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > Thanks, I've added those now. Why on earth would they not want to add
> > that header?
>
> Why is there so much software out there that breaks basic RFCs, like
> refusing NULL envelope froms?
> It's an imperfect world I'm afraid. That's why I've taken the stance to

And a couple of minutes after I send this, shows up in my mailbox:

As a reply to:
----
From: mailman-owner@???
To: user
----

----
From: Greg Humphreys <humper@???>
To: mailman-owner@???
Subject: Away from my mail...

I will be away from my e-mail until February 28th. I will respond to your

        message, "Chromium-users subscription notification"

when I get back.

- -
This message was generated automatically by my own vacation program,
because I stubbornly insist on writing my own tools for everything.
----

What I can say?
1) He ignored Precedence: bulk
2) Had he responded to Return-path:, I wouldn't have cared, mailman would
have taken care of his bounce.
3) He thinks he knows better, so he writes his own tools.

Sigh...

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key