Re: [Exim] Returnd mail / undeliverable mail

Góra strony
Autor: Dave C.
Dla: Starhost - N.P.G. Elsten
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Returnd mail / undeliverable mail

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Starhost - N.P.G. Elsten wrote:

> People I have a webhosting company and some of my clients are using a
> PHP/PERL based maillist. And when the email can't be delivered all
> mail is returned to the servers domainname.
>
> This is annoying because I, the administrator get all the undelivered
> mail on my account.
>
> How do I configure exim so that email is returned to the from adress
> and not to the: user on which Apache is running on.

Undelveriable mail is NEVER returned to any address in the headers -
that is wrong. Undeliverable is returned to the _envelope_ sender.

You need to arrange the PHP/PERL programs to set the envelope sender
correctly, and give them permission to do so (see the trusted_users and
untrusted_set_sender options)

This should get added to the FAQ, if it isnt already.