Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John W Baxter
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior
At 11:58 -0800 2/27/2002, Mark Morley wrote:
>   - It has a user-configurable response limiter so they can set it to
>     send only one reply every X hours, days, weeks, etc.

I suspect you've had internal arguments about whether there should be a
required minimum number of hours for this setting. There probably should,
but that's a fairly weak "probably" since you send the responses as <> and
don't reply to those.

You might want to consider restricting one other sort of thing: assuming
that whatever your web servers allow customer sites to mail out in response
to form submissions, you quite likely don't want to respond to either the
user's copy or the site owner's copy (if any). I doubt that whoever gets
bounces from these would want to see the responses.

At 11:58 -0800 2/27/2002, Mark Morley wrote:
>From: mark@??? (Mark Morley)

After a lookup, I can say..."Hi, neighbour!" [Our territory gets as close
as Port Angeles.]

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA