RE: [Exim] 3.x -> 4.x conversion problem.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jan Johansson
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] 3.x -> 4.x conversion problem.
> I have only rudimentary knowledge of SQL, never having used
> it in anger,
> so I'm not going to try to write an example, but the approach would be
> as I suggested: use one router to look up the address and rewrite it,
> and a second router to route the rewritten address to a specific host.
> Using SQL, you could put all the data in a single table, I think,
> avoiding the need to make two separate files.

Yeah, my thinking was backwards, what ill do is a table with

origaddr. incoming addy
newaddr. rewrite to.
aliasing. is this a normal alias, or a "hardcoded" route?
smtp_server if hardcoded, this is the server.

and ill use three routers

1. Aliasfile, using orig addr and newaddr (search records where aliasing is true)
2. Rewrite router, rewrite origaddr. to newaddr. and pass to router (3)
3. Transport router, lookup smtp_server where $local_part@domain = new_addr (Search records where aliasing is false)

I think this is what i want. Now to implement it iafter work :) It gives me more flexibility, since its easy to do a "normal aliasing" aswell.