Re: [Exim] Away on a trip

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Away on a trip
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 05:54:57PM -0500, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
> > How does an autoresponder get an address from To and send the answer there?
> > Or did it grab it from a Cc?
>
> Actually if I had to guess I'd say it was from a message with a Reply-To:
> exim-users@??? as there were a couple send by Philip shortly before
> this message was sent.

Aaah, that would explain it.
(I knew the list didn't do reply-to munging, among other reasons because of
broken autoresponders, so I had discounted that)

> > Have other people seen this before?
>
> I stopped being surprised at the amount and variety of email-related
> brokenness found on the net quite some time ago.

True, but I'm always interested in finding out what happened to hopefully
block it on my side next time (wherever "my side" may be)

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key