Re: [Exim] Away on a trip

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Away on a trip
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:29:50PM -0800,
Marc MERLIN <marc_news@???> is thought to have said:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 08:34:15PM +0001, Ken Jackson wrote:
> > I am away from the office until Monday 11th March
> > and any emails will be dealt with when I return.
> > Any urgent work-related issues should be addressed to:
> > Operators@???
>
> Out of sheer curiosity, how the hell is this possible?

A really broken vacation autoresponder on a VMS system running PMDF
apparantly.

> How does an autoresponder get an address from To and send the answer there?
> Or did it grab it from a Cc?

Actually if I had to guess I'd say it was from a message with a Reply-To:
exim-users@??? as there were a couple send by Philip shortly before
this message was sent.

In any case, the offending subscriber has been disabled.

> Have other people seen this before?

I stopped being surprised at the amount and variety of email-related
brokenness found on the net quite some time ago.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality