Re: [Exim] exim -bs -oMa

Author: Joachim Wieland
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim -bs -oMa
Hi Philip,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 08:51:37AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> -oMa <host address>
>        A number of options starting with -oM can be used to set values
>        associated with remote hosts on locally-submitted messages.
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This means "not TCP/IP" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah, okay. I was just looking into my spec.txt if it says the same... It
does. Strange, I really read that part a few times! Sorry for that.

Actually I was trying to get the remote IP for "SMTP after POP"-support if
somebody accesses exim through stunnel. stunnel is modified to replace a
special parameter by the real remote IP, this is not a problem. I've
written a small C program that is called by stunnel now, does two
pipe()'s, a few dup2()'s and calls exim afterwards with -oMa and the
remote IP. It works - though I would rather call it a dirty hack.
Is there a cleaner solution to do this?

> But if you use net-pgsgl; instead, it won't look for a host name. That
> says "this lookup uses the IP address".

Ups, thanks! I didn't know this one yet.

Thanks a lot for the answers and keep up the good work,
Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
"Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk ?"