Re: [Exim] exim -bs -oMa

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Joachim Wieland
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim -bs -oMa
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Joachim Wieland wrote:

> Now I edit inetd.conf to the following:
>
> smtp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/bin/exim    exim -bs \
> -oMa 1.2.3.4

Nope. You can't override the IP address on a real TCP/IP connection. I
thought the manual said that, but I see that it does not appear to,
though it does say

-oMa <host address>
       A number of options starting with -oM can be used to set values
       associated with remote hosts on locally-submitted messages.
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This means "not TCP/IP" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you want to pass some kind of "authenticating token", try -oMr.

> When I set:
>
> accept  hosts         = pgsql;select ip from tblsmtpafterpop \
>                        where ip = '$sender_host_address' and time > now();

> why does exim refuse to look the SQL string up if I run
> "exim -bs -oMa w.x.y.z" and w.x.y.z does not have a reverse record?

> Why does exim need a host name and why is the IP not sufficient?

It needs a name because it is not clever enough to parse your query and
realize that it is not using the host name. If the host list item isn't
recognizable as an IP address, it assumes a host name is needed. See
section 10.8.

But if you use net-pgsgl; instead, it won't look for a host name. That
says "this lookup uses the IP address".