[Exim] for exiscan-users...

Página Inicial
Autor: Margrit Lottmann
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] for exiscan-users...
I think, I have found a problem in
    exiscan  !!!
(and also a solution(?))

In my tests with
    exim for queueing emails
    exiscan + sophos for scanning and dequeueing emails

I have seen, that in condition to working time of my tests
    "younger" emails were transmitted earlier than "older" emails.

After 1h test time I've found delays of 45-55 minutes...the older emails
were still in the queue

???

What were to be seen at the (perl) code of exiscan:

In a SUPERLOOP part of the code exiscan
-reads the content of the email queue directory
-looks, if given emails aready in process (scanning)
-uses only non used email-Identifier (headerfile names) as an entry to
an assoziative array %IDs
-looks for all entries of this array and writes this entries to
the temporaray ID-array @tmpIDs (keys operation)

...here is the problem: I have tested it ... the keys operation
           doesn't return the entries in alphabetic order

...After 1h I've found the oldest entries at the end of the temporaray
     ID-array @tmpIDs ... >>> growing delays for older messages

I have now changed the perl code of exiscan:

old:
my @tmpIDs = keys %IDs;
to new:
my @tmpIDs = sort keys %IDs;

...new test:

After 1h I have only delays from 7-12 minutes (I think, it's ok ...my test
server is an older model...)

MfG Margrit Lottmann

  |                                             phone : +49 391 67  18572 |

  |                            +49 391 67  12819 |

  |              Margrit Lottmann                 fax : +49 391 67  11134 |
  | Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg                              |
  | Universitaetsrechenzentrum, URZ-N                                     |
  | Universitaetsplatz 2                                                  |
  | D-39106 Magdeburg,  Germany                                           |
  |              Margrit.Lottmann@???                       |