Re: [Exim] Possible Bug in exim 3.953

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Vadim Vygonets
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim Mailinglist
Uudet otsikot: [Exim] Refused Relay (Host)
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Possible Bug in exim 3.953
Quoth Philip Hazel on Tue, Feb 19, 2002:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Jochen Erwied wrote:
> > b) The system logs lots of 'tcp_ack'-messages when receiving mails
> > from an external source. This message is coming from the tcp-stack,
> > but I'm not enough of a hacker to understand what is (or why)happening
> > there.
>
> Neither am I.
>
> > Example (wrapped long lines):
> >
> > Feb 19 11:13:13 gate kernel: ^Mtcp_ack: seq a8c9e07c ack 5aafd932
> > Feb 19 11:13:13 gate kernel:
> >     Data arrived on 053c8c0c after close
> >     [Data right edge 5AAFD955, Socket shut on 5AAFD933] 0

> I don't know what these mean at all. Are there any experts who do on
> this list?

I'm not, by any sence, a Linux kernel expert, but I was told that
these log lines appear when the TCP socket has a debug flag. It
happens with Exim 3.95x on all Linux systems I've seen (except
that on newer kernels different lines are logged).

Vadik.

--
Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.