[Exim] How best to do catchall when doing C009-style virtual…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jonathan Rogers
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] How best to do catchall when doing C009-style virtuals?
New-to-exim sysadmin here, who's trying to set up virtual addresses much as
in C009 (with a little C015 thrown in for good measure). The idea is that I
have one file, mydomain-aliases, that has all the domain's "external"
(forwarding) addresses in it, while the other file, mydomain-passwd, has the
"real" virtual users in it, the ones who actually have local POP mailboxes
on the mail server (but are still true virtual users with no login rights on
the server, not in /etc/passwd, etc.).

This is working. (It took awhile, helped after I actually RTFM and learned
about "-bt". :) However, I'm trying to polish it up, and I'm stymied about
how to put a catchall address on the domain without killing the local users
(at least how to do it simply and elegantly):

I _can't_ put the catchall in the mydomain-aliases file, because then every
address will match it via the C009-style "virtual" director (even the
addresses that are local users in the mydomain-passwd file). So all the
local users (except the catchall address) will never be seen.

But I also can't put the catchall in the mydomain-passwd file either,
because there's no facility to expand the matching/default "*" into an
actual mailbox/user name (hence the comment in C009 that "The data following
the local part in the file is not used."

So how do I do this? Must I define another director that just manages the
catchall, and have it refer to a third alias-style file (mydomain-catchall)
that has a single line, the address for the catchall user? Or is there an
easier/cleaner/more elegant way?

Relevant sections of my current (no catchall) exim.conf and the domain files
it references are below. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

-JonathanR-

exim.conf - directors section
-----------------------------
localuser:
domains = ! lsearch;/etc/exim/domains
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

virtual:
domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/domains
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/exim/$domain-aliases
search_type = lsearch*
qualify_preserve_domain

virtual_localuser:
domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/domains
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/exim/$domain-passwd
search_type = lsearch*
transport = virtual_localdelivery
no_more

And the simple files referenced in these directors:

/etc/exim/mydomain.org-aliases
------------------------------
postmaster: domainmeister-mydomain@???
fred: fred@???