Re: [Exim] Re: exim-3.34 smtp_accept_reserve not working

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John W Baxter
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: exim-3.34 smtp_accept_reserve not working
At 14:13 +0000 2/22/2002, Philip Hazel wrote:
>smtp_accept_max_per_host => "No host may have more than this many SMTP
>                             connections at once."

Thanks, Philip. Continuing education is good.

Having learned of this setting, I noted that our value was the default of
0. (The default smtp_accept_max (20) allows a small non-zero setting here
as default.)

It seems to me that is an opening for a DOS attack and therefore an
unfortunate default (I've changed ours, hoping to stay out of the way of
friendly MTAs but still protect).

If this is still an issue for Exim 4, perhaps a change is in order?

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA