Re: [Exim] What am I doing wrong?

Página Inicial
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] What am I doing wrong?
On 21 February 2002, Larry said:
> Following is a header for some spam I recieve every day.
> No matter what I do I can't stop this trash from coming into
> my computer.

My preferred way to block this kind of spammer is to block by sender
address. In my Exim config file, I have:

# Manual spam-blocking: any address matching a patten listed in
# /etc/exim/spammers is blocked from sending mail to us.
sender_reject = /etc/exim/spammers

And /etc/exim/spammers looks like this:

# See section 7.16 of the Exim spec for rules on the patterns
# in this file.
^chris@.*wafer\.com$
^Sheila.*@msn\.com$
sales@tice\.com\.tw
trafficmagnet.net
powerhiring.com
[... several more ...]

This is a very cheap and effective way to keep out a certain type of
spammer, since it tells them to buzz off as soon as the SMTP "MAIL FROM"
command is received. (I use SpamAssassin for the rest, and it works
pretty damn well!)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???