Re: [Exim] Re: Ho hum... Blackhole Lists...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dirk Koopman
CC: exim-users, Jethro R Binks
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Ho hum... Blackhole Lists...
On 19 Feb 2002, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> And there is no 'better'[tm] way of doing it (for 3.3x) than:

That doesn't do it!

> reject_illegal_char_relay:
> driver = smartuser
> no_verify
> condition = ${if match{$local_part}{[\\@%!/|]}{yes}}
> new_address = :fail: rejected illegal character in local_part attempt

That will fail those addresses with that error message when delivering
messages that do not arrive over SMTP. (That is, locally generated
messages.)

As you have no_verify set, that director won't run when verifying
incoming recipients at SMTP time, so it won't apply. The next director
will then get the address:

> # this director sends locally delivered stuff thru spam assassin
> send_to_spamc:
> driver = smartuser
> transport = spam_scanner
> condition = ${if eq {$received_protocol}{spam-ok}{no}{yes}}

As it is smartuser, and you have not set no_verify, it will always be
successful. All local parts will verify. Thus, you haven't succeeded in
doing what you want.

Personally, I would remove the first director, unless you are worried
about your local users using these addresses, and add "no_verify" to the
second director so that whatever follows (the localuser director ISTR)
will reject unknown local parts at verify time.