Re: [Exim] Exim support for Qmail Maildir format, could some…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Derek Broughton
Para: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim support for Qmail Maildir format, could someone explain?
Peter Santiago wrote:

> Could someone explain why it works? I just copied it from the configuration
> file posted by Derek

OK, now I'm confused - I still haven't seen my post arrive at the list,
but I specifically emailed that conf file to Lewis and CC'd the list
just to let it know I'd responded. This list is supposed to trim
attachments, so how did you get it?

> Under $home/Maildir/, there are three more directories: new,cur,tmp...

This is hardly an exim question. You should check google for Maildir.
ALL Maildir directories have to have new, cur & tmp. If it doesn't have
those subdirectories, it isn't even a Maildir, no matter what it's called.

> folder_delivery:         #the subdirectory new is not mentioned here, yet
> new mails are delivered
>   driver = appendfile            #under it... How come?

Because that's how Maildirs are structured.

> mode_fail_narrower = false # what's this for?

RTFM. All the options are pretty clearly documented.

> new_folder_delivery: # is this part needed?

No. It's not, neither was the other one. Your Maildir transport (you
can easily check in the log) is almost certainly always
"local_delivery:". The other two transports were things I'm playing with.