Re: [Exim] Re: Ho hum... Blackhole Lists...

Author: Dirk Koopman
To: Jethro R Binks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Ho hum... Blackhole Lists...
Well on further fiddling I have found out the following:-

1) The "a@b"@z construct appears NOT to be rejected except by the
"accident" that a@b isn't a valid local user. If you pass it to a smart
host it will happily be expanded. z can be ANY local domain whatsoever.

2) The way to I have chosen to stop it is as below:-

# this checks for nasty characters in the localpart by only
# checking that only [A-Za-z_.-] are there.
reject_percenthack_relay:
driver = smartuser
condition = ${if match{$local_part}{[^\w\.-]}{yes}}
new_address = :fail: rejected illegal character in local_part attempt

# this director sends locally delivered stuff thru spam assassin
send_to_spamc:
driver = smartuser
transport = spam_scanner
condition = ${if eq {$received_protocol}{spam-ok}{no}{yes}}

# This director matches local user mailboxes.
localuser:
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

There must be some means of not having to do the above. I repeat, I have
receiver_verify on.

Dirk Koopman

--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to