Re: [Exim] malformed header in reply-to

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Allanketner
CC: exim-users, Vadim Vygonets
Subject: Re: [Exim] malformed header in reply-to
On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Steve Allanketner wrote:

> Right, my bad. However, something is stripping all quotes from the message,
> which makes the missing space an issue. I don't know that it is an Exim
> issue at this point, so I've taken it to another list for now. If you know
> of an Exim issue that could cause this, please let me know.

Internally, Exim strips quotes from local parts. So if you have a
configuration that generates a new address using $local_part, it is
possible to lose the quotes. For example, if a smartuser director has
something like

new_address = $local_part@???

you might get this effect. You should always write

new_address = ${quote:$local_part}@???

if you are generating a new email address that includes $local_part.