Re: [Exim] Getting exim to see a pid file

Top Pagina
Auteur: Derek Broughton
Aan: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Getting exim to see a pid file
Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Derek wrote:
>
> > No. That works only if you don't use pppd's support for demand dialing.
> > If you use it, sending mail to exim will normally start it dialing.
>
> no. if you use demand dialing, you should have
> "queue_smtp_domains = *", in which case the above is just correct. (or
> maybe -qff instead of -qf, i'm too lazy to set look it up now).
>
> that is the correct way to use exim on dialup machines.

Excuse me, but I'm getting just a little tired of people dictating the
"correct" way to do things. IF you set queue_smtp_domains like that,
dman's solution will work - but it isn't what I want for my
configuration. (And it should, I think, be queue_remote_domains in this
case).

Markus' suggestion of "queue_only_file = remote/path_to_file/file" has a
certain elegance. IF I'm connected, I'd like smtp connections to be
made immediately. If I'm not, I'll wait for the next scheduled dial-up
connection. Then you can have .../ip-up.d/ and ip-down.d/ insert and
remove the specified file. I definitely don't want to run a queue runner
only every 'n' minutes while I'm connected - it's liable to extend or
even preempt the timeout on the pppd connection.

derek