Re: [Exim] Unwanted emails

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Unwanted emails
On 18 February 2002, Andrew Johnson said:
> I'm having a problem with some spam senders, I have the following in
> my config file which I use to reject people listed in my
> reject.hosts.db (works if I test it myself and reject from a specific
> domain)
>
> sender_reject = "partial-dbm;/usr/local/exim/reject.hosts.db"
> sender_reject_recipients = "partial-dbm;/usr/local/exim/reject.hosts.db"
> sender_verify = true

Since these work at SMTP-time, Exim only checks the *envelope* sender.

> However, some of the people listed are getting though.
> Here is such a header :-
>
> ==============

*This* is the envelope sender for this message.

[...]
> From: American Email Brands <offer@???>

This is not.

> I have the following listed in my reject.host.db
> americanbranding.network60.com
> network60.com

Perhaps "outmail11.network60.com" would work? (I won't pretend to
understand how partial-dbm searching works -- I've never needed it.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???