[Exim] Bounce messages against me

Página Inicial
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
Para: exim-users
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [Exim] Bounce messages intercepted - seeking workaround
Assunto: [Exim] Bounce messages against me
Some #@%@ from USA had a "brilliant" idea.
Using a dialin account he sent a lot of [ads] and [spam] messages
using as sender address some casual numbers attaching my
domain. ( for example 0123fee54323@??? ) .
Of course most of these messages did bounce since in a spam
mass mailing there are a lot of wrong addresses. I end having in 4
(real spam messages)+about 40000 delivery failure messages from
the 5 continents.
This flooding (still running after 7 letters to abuse@??? )
often locks my servers that for about 10 minutes do not accept any
email connection, nat even smtp fron local machine.
HOW to avoid this ? that is how can i increase the number of
incoming connections, so even if there are a lot of connections the
sistem would not refuse ?
(debian with kernel 2.2.19 and backup with 2.4.17 , both exim 3.33 )
(note: since i have a lot of users with such "strange" usernames i
cannot simply bounce it ...)

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile