Re: [Exim] System actions not allowed in filter

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Stephen Marquard
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] System actions not allowed in filter
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Stephen Marquard wrote:

> This is not a user filter, so ideally one should be able to use system commands
> (the other one that doesn't work is errors_to).
>
> Is this a bug or design feature, and is it any different in Exim 4 ? Can this
> functionality be added to the wishlist (please :-)) ?

It's a constraint which is the same in Exim 4. Because a system filter
runs only once per message, it can add header lines that apply to all
the recipients.

A per-user filter applies to one recipient only. So it must not add
headers that would go to other recipients of the message. However, the
code doesn't allow it to add per-address headers.

This is partly historical because it is true that there is now the
headers_add option which allows drivers to add headers, so in principle,
the filter code could be modified to tap into that support.

In fact, looking at the Exim 4 Wish List, I see that this feature does
appear, in the section entitled "Things that didn't make it into Exim
4". So maybe one day...