Re: [Exim] Scanning mail with exim4

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Joachim Wieland
CC: Christian Froemmel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Scanning mail with exim4
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Joachim Wieland wrote:

> Well, personally I don't see the need that the messages are scanned and
> rejected at smtp-time. I would rather be happy with queuing mails, then
> scanning them serially and deliver them or the virus reports afterwards.

So what is the problem? Get Exim to deliver them in BSMTP format, one
file per message, into some directory. They you can run a separate
process that picks them out at whatever speed you like, and passes them
to the virus scanner. If the virus scanner is happy, it passes them back
to Exim for delivery. Remember to arrange for batch delivery in BSMTP
format, so you get only one copy of each message.