Re: [Exim] malformed header in reply-to

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Postmaster AllOneWorld.com
CC: Vadim Vygonets, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] malformed header in reply-to
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Postmaster AllOneWorld.com wrote:

> > Quoth Steve Allanketner on Sun, Feb 17, 2002:
> >
> > It seems to me that the space doesn't *have* to exist between the
> > phrase and the <address>. Philip?
> I would be highly interested in this in terms of rfc2822. If it is
> misimplemented in the modified Exim release that's being used, I might be
> able to secure the changes I need.
>
> > I thought that was Exim bouncing the message. If it's cpanel
> > doing this, then the question does not belong to the list.
> > What's cpanel, anyway?
>
> It is Exim that bounces the message. Cpanel is a linux-based end user server
> control package that uses Exim for the MTA. They do the configuration on
> Exim and incorporate it into the package. If there doesn't *have* to be a
> space, and they are having Exim checking syntax on headers when it's not
> required, then I have something to work with to get this vexing problem
> fixed.

Its not so much the space, as it is the presence of an unquoted @ or
. in the comment part of the message.

Exim's header syntax checks, specifically check that the headers a valid
RFC2822. If exim is rejecting the header, it *is* malformed. Most MTA's
(eg: sendmail) do not validate the syntax of headers, so that is why
your message is delivered by them - eg - they are more lax in the
requirements. Wether to enable header syntax checking in exim is,
however, a site-specific choice. You can enable it, or not.

Edit the exim config file, and either set

headers_check_syntax = true

or

headers_check_syntax = false