Re: [Exim] Getting exim to see a pid file

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sean Rima
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Getting exim to see a pid file
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, dman outgrape:

>| > Mmm, if you're still connected, why wouldn't the messages be sent
>| > immediately instead of being queued?
>|
>| Because I tell exim to queue because I am a dialup user so instead of
>| bringing PPP up, it queues them.
>
> Oh, you've got a dial-on-demand setup, but you don't want exim to be
> demanding a dial. I see now.

It is one of the problems of Ireland, dialup is very expensive, no
boardband and leased lines, well you would have to sell your soul :)

>| > As for a deamon :
>| >
>| >     sh -c "while [ 1 ] ; do sleep 10m ; exim -q ; done" &
>|
>| Umm,
>|
>| sh -c "while [ -e /var/run/ppp0.pid ] ; do sleep 10m ; exim -q ;
>| done" &

> Sure, tailor to suit :-).
>
>| I am hoping this will just stay running until I drop PPPD :)
>
> It will run until that file no longer exists. You'll have to run that
> script each time you dial out. Perhaps this is more suitable for
> running in an init script :
>
> sh -c "while [ 1 ] ; do while [ -e /var/run/ppp0.pid ] ; do sleep 10m
> ; exim -q ; done ; sleep 10m ; done" &
>

> The longer the script gets, the better it would be to stick it in its
> own file and insert line breaks where appropriate, then run sh on the
> file.

It has been running for about the last half an hour. I will bring PPPD
down in a few minutes and relog on. I added that script to ip.up-local

Sean

- --
BBS and Fidonet News Portal at http://www.tcob1.net
Offering feeds for Fidonet, Adventurenet, and many other nets
ICQ: 679813 TCOB1 BBS: 095 43852 Jabber: tcobone@???