Re: [Exim] Scanning mail with exim4

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Joachim Wieland
Para: Christian Froemmel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Scanning mail with exim4
Hi Christan,

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 09:26:29AM +0100, Christian Froemmel wrote:
> > -> write the mails to the hard disk and reinject them after the scan
> Well, the virusscanner has to write files anyway. But that solution comes
> close to the exiscan-principle.

Yes, the same as I did with qmail, but I think this approach is quite
brute. Furthermore, how to tell exim that its mail vanished in the
scanner? ;-)

> >If you are an ISP you can't take any of the first two solutions. You can't
> >slow down your customers and you cannot just refuse connections on your
> >SMTP port.

> Correct. But then you cannot reject messages at smtp-time, IMO.

Well, personally I don't see the need that the messages are scanned and
rejected at smtp-time. I would rather be happy with queuing mails, then
scanning them serially and deliver them or the virus reports afterwards.

Maybe I'll really try to use transport_filter and have a look at the
sophie package David Broome proposed in this thread. Thanks David, I
didn't know about this.

Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
Evolution is a million line computer program falling into place by accident.