Re: [Exim] Scanning mail with exim4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Joachim Wieland
Para: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Scanning mail with exim4
Hi Dave,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 07:15:17PM -0500, Dave C. wrote:
> Its called scalability. If you need to do this, you need hardware that
> can keep up. Have fast enough hardware to support many simultaneous
> scanners. Use multiple servers, sharing the load. Have one set of
> servers for outbound relay, one set for inbound mail..

No, I think that is not really a solution. With much hardware I just
delay the critical point but I can't remove it completely. But why
should I buy more and more hardware if there are a lot of messages only,
say, once a month and the server can cope with the mail very good the
rest of the time? Furthermore, think about a malicious DOS attack, you
won't win with more servers (I assume you're talking about round robin
in the DNS servers to share the load).

Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate