Re: [Exim] Fw: (bugtraq) Exim 3.34 and lower

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fw: (bugtraq) Exim 3.34 and lower
Answering two-in-one:

Quoth Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. (Hons) G8TIC on Fri, Feb 15, 2002:
> From: "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???>
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> >
> > > But one can always borrow strlcpy(3) from OpenBSD.
> >
> > Licence? I want to keep Exim GPL-clean.

Three-clause BSD-style license. You can use it in GPLed code.
See the license on top of strlcpy.3[0], it's the same.

> Can't you just write your own strlcpy() function if glibc
> doesn't have one and link it in if needed depending on
> platform?

Why are you talking about glibc?

Well, I once wrote it before I saw the OpenBSD's code (but after
I saw the man page). I would dig it up and GPL it, but it seems
to be lost in the mists of time. But the code is so trivial that
there aren't many ways to write it. And the license is
compatible with almost anything.

OpenBSD >=2.4, FreeBSD >=3.3 and NetBSD >=1.4.3 have strlcpy(3)
in libc. I don't think any other OS does.

Vadik.

[0] So you don't taint your eye nerves with the code before you
    decide to do it.

--
Real software engineers don't debug programs, they verify correctness.
This process doesn't necessarily involve execution of anything on a