Re: [Exim] Debugging and Timestamps (more of a feature reque…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Debugging and Timestamps (more of a feature request!)
On 2002-02-14 at 17:28 -0000, Ben Strawson wrote:
> That work's great. It is buffering the output (so I can't always see
> the last few characters), but with -d 11 there is enough being produced
> that it doesn't cause a problem.
>
> Thanks a lot for that.

np.

So, perhaps a better request for the wish-list is to have the -d output
always line-buffered; since it's for debugging, not for normal use, the
slight performance hit shouldn't really be an issue. It doesn't
generate any extra output to annoy, and it doesn't create yet another
execution path with a new option.

Avoiding feaping creaturisation is nice. :^) Perhaps worthy of a FAQ
comment, since it might nudge the reader's thought processes over to
"getting the output I want, from the tools available" from "getting the
output I want, from Exim". Always a good gentle reminder, for Unix
applications.

PH, thoughts on these two feature requests as a replacement for the
previous wishlist item?
--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson