Re: [Exim] smtp callback from commandline?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] smtp callback from commandline?
On 14 February 2002, Dave C. said:
> Incidentally, my intended application for this was validating addresses
> entered on a mailing list subscription form on a web site.

I had exactly the same thing in mind a few months ago, when I took a
crack at writing a verify_email script. I gave up when I realized that
certain large free email providers (yahoo.com for one -- can't remember
about the other biggies) don't reject bad addresses at SMTP time --
presumably, they accept the message and send you a bounce later.

Well, I'll email it to you privately anyways -- if you know Python, and
can check PyDNS out of CVS on SourceForge, you might be in business.
I'm not going to post it publicly, though.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???