Re: [Exim] smtp callback from commandline?

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave C.
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] smtp callback from commandline?
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to enhance '-bt' to also perform a callback check on an
> > address?
>
> No. I'm not entirely sure I'd want to implement that. It creates a tool
> for scanning for valid addresses. Not that such a tool is particularly
> hard to implement independently, of course.

Oic ;)..

Incidentally, my intended application for this was validating addresses
entered on a mailing list subscription form on a web site.

It already sends an opt-in confirmation mail (they dont get added if
they dont follow a weblink in the message), but I'm noticing that for
some of the ones that bounce, the person keeps entering that same
failing address multiple times.

I'm using exim -bt to verify that it at least _could_ be
a valid address, but I'd like to verify it a little further, so I could
put a bit more feedback on the form. (Obviously I can't email them to
tell them they entered an invalid address - I'd have to do it realtime)

I will probably find a third party utility or wrte an expect script, I
was just hoping that I could just get exim to do it for me since it has
the relevant code, and I'm already using it anyway.