Re: [Exim] Catchall

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim mailing list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Catchall
On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 02:52:01PM +1000, robert stanford wrote:
> How do I configure exim to forward all inbound messages addressed to
> invalid addresses to a catchall box instead of bouncing them?

This is a bad idea, though presumably you're not in a country with any
data protection laws[0]. The reader of this mailbox runs the risk of having
to deal with extremely personal data that they have no business knowing,
due to a simple typo. I'd also contend that it goes against "reliable"
mail delivery, though I suppose if this box does get read by a human,
that's OK.

[0] Australia not being one of these countries...

MBM