Re: [Exim] Exim doesn't bounce

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim doesn't bounce
On 14 February 2002, Marius Stan said:
> Hi everyone,
> just subscribed here and already have a question:
>
> My Exim doesn't bounce the messages that couldn't be sent:

They might be frozen. If Exim can't send a message on and can't return
a bounce (eg. the original sender address isn't working), it freezes the
message. Generally speaking, frozen messages sit in the queue until you
do something with them.

Use "exim -bp" to see what's in the queue -- the frozen messages tend to
jump out at you. If not, try one of these:

exim -bp | awk '$6 == "frozen"'
exim -bp | awk '$6 == "frozen" {print $3}'

Use "exim -Mvl <msgid>" to view the log for each frozen message. That
usually clarifies things. Read the manual, especially all options that
start with "-M", to see what you can do to messages in the queue.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???