Re: [Exim] help with mailscanner and exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
To: Gerald T. Freymann
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] help with mailscanner and exim

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:52:53 EST, "Gerald T. Freymann" wrote:

> When I fire everything up, my exim paniclog shows this:
>
> 2002-02-12 09:43:43 exim user (uid=1002) is defined only at runtime;
> privilege lost for -C

This is a problem with all but the most recent FreeBSD ports / packages
for Exim. Basically, the port (and derived pacakge) provided an Exim
binary with runtime-only configuration of the Exim UID and GID. This is
good enough for simple installations, but not good enough for yours.

The problem was fixed in the ports tree on 2001/12/11, after the
addition of the new mailnull and smmsp users for sendmail.

Rebuild Exim from a more recent snapshot of the ports tree, or install
from the exim-3.33_6.tgz package or more recent.

When you do this, observe the following:

1) Make sure all instances of the exim user are changed to mailnull in
the existing configure file (which won't be overwritten when you
install / update).

2) chown -R mailnull /var/spool/exim /var/log/exim

3) If you use newsyslog(8) to rotate your exim log files, make sure that
newsyslog.conf specifies the correct username to use when creating
new log files after rotation.

4) If you read special files (like TLS certificates) or databases as
user exim, you'll need to make additional changes.

Ciao,
Sheldon.