Re: [Exim] rejected messages

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] rejected messages
On 2002-02-11 at 16:06 -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I also use http://www.reedmedia.net/software/check-rbl/ for checking if a
> mail server's IP is listed by any other RBL services.

Nice. But there's not just the bad hosts(1) commands to be wary of.
Since the hostname is supplied by the user, the passing out to the shell
isn't a significant issue, though.

If you're interested in a version done entirely in Perl (no forking,
etc, for each lookup), which requires the Net::DNS module (and
Mail::Mailer, for sending alerts) and which has far too many features
;^) then this might be of interest:

<URL:http://www.globnix.org/~phil/software/spamtest.pl>

Copyright to my employer (Thus Plc), made available under the modified
BSD license.

I run this from a cronjob, checking for "post.demon.nl"; it handles that
this resolved to multiple IP addresses and checks for both. The cronjob
runs in quiet mode, with mail option.

[ yada yada not speaking for my employer when using private address,
even if I'm noting availability of tool from my site, go deal; include
appropriate legalese here ]
--
Disaster Recovery (n.):
Escape retribution by precipitating a diversionary emergency.