Re: [Exim] Server Responses

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Holland
Para: Odhiambo Washington, Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Server Responses
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:16:44PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> I have taken this advice and changed it now. Please see for yourself
> if what is given now is okay - telnet to SMTP port of 62.8.64.4

220 ns2.wananchi.com ESMTP Exim 3.33 #1 Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:25:27 +0300 [Exim-3.33]

Looks OK, thought you're advertising the MTA and its version number
twice which I find a little odd. :)

> Do you believe that this could cause problems with other MTAs?
> I have one situation that has left me perplexed (maybe that is not the correct
> word to use). Some domain cannot send mail to my end. Whenever users there send

[...]
> > > Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was
> > not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time

(You didn't say after how long the messages time out.)

A hypothesis: that other MTA expects a "220 " single-line greeting from
your server, and treats your original "220-" multi-line greeting as a
form of transient failure. So eventually the messages time out.

Dave
--
David Holland           =*=   Systems Manager   =*=   tel: +44 01223 478900
http://www.3glab.com/   =*=     3G Lab, UK      =*=   fax: +44 01223 478901