Re: [Exim] Server Responses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
To: Exim Users
CC: David Holland
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Server Responses
* David Holland <david.holland@???> [20020212 15:59]: wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:43:59PM +0300, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> > Does anyone know if multiple 220 responses can cause hiccups for other
> > SMTP servers?
>
> RFC2821 implies (in section 4.2) that the initial greeting should be a
> single line; only replies to commands may be multi-line.
>
> > 220-ns2.wananchi.com ESMTP Exim 3.33 #1 Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:45:30 +0300 [Exim-3.33]
> > 220-Welcome to Wananchi Online's ESMTP Server.
>
> That's wrong anyway; the last line in a multi-line response is supposed
> to begin with "220 " i.e. a space, not a hyphen. (RFC2821 section 4.2.1)

I have taken this advice and changed it now. Please see for yourself if what is
given now is okay - telnet to SMTP port of 62.8.64.4

Do you believe that this could cause problems with other MTAs?
I have one situation that has left me perplexed (maybe that is not the correct
word to use). Some domain cannot send mail to my end. Whenever users there send
mail to *@wananchi.com, they get the error below: I think those
mail admins have configured a ver crazy retry timeout! But it may
as well be myself ;-)
Does anyone else in this list see any problems with my setup?
My servers are public so no problem with probing them.

<cut>