Re: [Exim] host_reject_recipients question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Owen Creger
Cc: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] host_reject_recipients question

It rejects all RCPT TO: from the listed hosts. Eg, when those specific
hosts connect to you. The only reliable information it has at that time
is the IP address of the host.

If you list IP addresses in that setting (as you should), no DNS lookup
is needed to determine if a given host is in that list. If you list
host(names), then it has to find out the name of the host that is
connecting. The only way it can do that is to do a reverse DNS lookup.
If that lookup fails, the default action is to reject. You can change
the default to be accept with the +allow_unknown tag.

If you must list both IP addresses and host names, list all the IP
addresses first, then all the names. Since the list is processed in
order, at least that way it will still reject those specific IP hosts,
even if it can't determine their names