Re: [Exim] Re: rejected messages

Página Inicial
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re: rejected messages
On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 05:01:54PM +0000, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
| On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:53:40AM -0500, dman wrote:
| > Is it standard practice for the smarthost to include the DU's IP in
| > the headers?

| RFC821 S4.1.1 (p.21 DATA):

[...]

| What makes you think that dialup is excluded from this

I don't know, I just thought maybe. Or maybe I wasn't thinking (more
likely!).

| [snip spamassassin config]

| > It doesn't use any DULs unless you add that to your own config.

| Sure, but since you're the authority on spamassassin here, having
| written the howto, you ought to know what you're saying.

It is _capable_ of the feature that was requested. To what extent it
uses it and to what extent it flags messages is up to your config.
(unlike exim's "true/false" view of RBL[1], SA attaches a score based
on the test and the score can be as high or as low as you wish, a
lower score gives less weight to the test)

I don't feel like I've been terribly articulate in this thread, so I
apologize for that.

-D

[1] I know exim has "warn" instead of "reject", but it is an
    all-or-nothing operation

--

A perverse man stirs up dissension,
and a gossip separates close friends.