Re: [Exim] Re: Warning: spammers abusing vacation autorespon…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Vadim Vygonets
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: Warning: spammers abusing vacation autoresponders
Quoth Phil Pennock on Mon, Feb 11, 2002:
> > > Since the spammer doesn't care about how many mails they send,
> > > restrictions such as "once" don't help. Setting text or file does ...
> > > unless it's expanded and includes something like $message_body.
> >
> Quoth Vadik on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 at 14:51:02 +0200:
> > What's the point? /usr/ucb/vacation and the Exim filter vacation
> > command (by default) don't send $message_body back.
>
> Uhm, please go re-read the text which you quoted.

Yes, I know. But my point is that vacation programs sending back
the message body are so rare that it isn't worth the effort
looking for those. And, of course, at any point the person can
be back from his vacation.

> A restriction on expanding $message_body in the autoresponder reply text
> is perhaps overkill, or is it?

I'd say it is.

> > Bounce messages usually have $message_body in them.
>
> Yes. But it's not beng abused at present, probably because of the crap
> in them. Most autoresponders aren't abusable.

Same is true about vacation autoresponders: they usually include
a subject line that indicates it's a vacation reply, and at the
very least include a couple of lines on top of the message.

Vadik.

--
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is
cursed.