Re: [Exim] user verification

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Joachim Wieland
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] user verification
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:05:17AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > EXPN/VRFY commands but because the user setting is quite complex in my
> > situation (database involved, forwards, virtual local users...)

> Sounds like you just disabled the verify=recipient. No problem. If you
> want to do that, that's fine. You just end up with more undeliverable
> bounce messages on your host.

Yes, that's what I did. Well, I get your point and it seems quite
reasonable. Let me conclude: By rejecting invalid RCPT's, I could
probably reduce traffic on the machine but instead I have to pay with
reduced privacy because people could check valid addresses, right?

Well, originally I just wanted to know how I could trigger a bounce
message out of a director or how I configure a director to be the source
of a bounce message.

Something like:

nouserbouncer:
driver = redirect
data = :fail:
domains = ...
condition = ... user not here ...
bounce_message_text = "no such user"

So far I can only skip all directors but then the bounce would be a
"unrouteable address", that's right - there is no director left which
would accept it, but it doesn't give the correct reason why the delivery
failed. I don't know how to create a bounce message that says "User
unknown" when delivering mail to virtual users where I can't use
check_local_user.

Thank you very much for your help,
Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
It is better to have loved and lost than just to have lost.