Re: [Exim] Gettinmg Rid of Input Files

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Martin Cameron
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Gettinmg Rid of Input Files
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Martin Cameron wrote:

> I noticed that our hard drive on our mail server was getting pretty full
> recently. I then discoverd that the culprit was the input directory for
> frozen messages.
>
> It contained about 4 gigs of mail.

... so you hadn't been monitoring your mail queue very closely then?
Somebody ought to write a "things all mail admins should do every day"
document, perhaps.

> I then wrote a pretty simple script that parses the input directory
> files and removes any that it finds with the words in the banned list.

... including any messages from you that are discussing what is on the
banned list, no doubt. :-)

> I hope this helps someone who finds themselves in the same position as
> me - your HDD getting chewed up by spam at a great rate of knots.

What in fact people have spent a lot of time working on are means of
stopping the spam getting onto your system in the first place, because
much of it has undeliverable sender addresses. Things like turning on
receiver_verify (which is the default in Exim 4) and working with spam
filters seem to be the most popular.