[Exim] user verification

Página Inicial
Autor: Joachim Wieland
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] user verification
Hi,

I think I have a little problem in understanding exim's user
verification. Please let me explain things as I got them and please tell
me where I'm wrong :-)

I want to have the following setup:

A mail comes in, the domain is checked but not the user. If the domain
is a local one, the message is accepted and processed further. Then exim
recognizes that there is no such user and sends back a bounce message.

Normally one would do it within the acl_smtp_rcpt directive. Yet, if I
got this correct, the ACLs would be evaluated right after the RCPT TO:
command. If I am an evil[tm] person and want to see if email addresses
are (still) valid, why does this do a different job than EXPN or VRFY
which are widely regarded insecure?

Okay, I disabled this check not only because it is similar to the
EXPN/VRFY commands but because the user setting is quite complex in my
situation (database involved, forwards, virtual local users...)

Every router fails to handle mail because every router fails on the
local_part/domain check.

Of course I could send back a custom message with the redirect router
and specify either :fail: or autoreply but I'd like to have a bounce
message that really looks like a bounce message, i.e. one that contains
the name of the server, the reason of the failure, the header lines and
the head of the message...

So what is the preferred setup for this situation? I think it's quite
easy, but I can't find it!

Thanks a lot,
Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate