Re: [Exim] helo_verify and dialup users

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: bhoc
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] helo_verify and dialup users
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 bhoc@??? wrote:

> Unfortunately the AUTH stuff comes only after the HELO. If the host fails
> the HELO verification, it cannot proceed to authenticate itself.

I'm afraid that this is still the situation in Exim 4, and it is too
late to make changes now for the first release, which will happen before
the end of this month.

I suppose what is needed, as well as helo_verify_hosts, is a new option
called helo_try_verify_hosts, which doesn't die when the verification
fails, but remembers that it failed. Then a suitable test in the ACL
could pick this up. Compare tls_verify_hosts and tls_try_verify_hosts.

I will add this to the Exim 4 wish list.

> As of now I see no other solution as to provide two hosts running exim -
> one with helo_verify and the other with host_auth_accept_relay set and
> relay_domains unset.

You could run two Exims on one host, using different ports, if your AUTH
clients can be configured to use a different port.

Philip