Re: [Exim] helo_verify and dialup users

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: bhoc
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: frank
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] helo_verify and dialup users
Sorry if I was unprecise:

I *do* have authentication in place. Works like a charm.
I *do* have The Book. Excellent printed version from spec.txt. It might
have an appendix with various sample configurations (selected pearls from
the web site), though, as an additional bonus.

What I wanted to say is:

1) activate "helo_verify = !192.168.1.0/24"
-> All hosts except those in the local subnet are screened for valid
HELO/EHLO information. Good for those in the office. Bad for the roamers.

2) What I want is something like
"helo_verify = ! (192.168.1.0/24 : authenticated_hosts)"
i.e. verify HELO/EHLO only if the host is neither in the local subnet nor
did it successfully authenticate itself.

Unfortunately the AUTH stuff comes only after the HELO. If the host fails
the HELO verification, it cannot proceed to authenticate itself.
It would be nice if the 550 error from the helo_verify would only be
issued at the MAIL FROM or RCPT TO stage, giving the host a chance to
authenticate itself.

As of now I see no other solution as to provide two hosts running exim -
one with helo_verify and the other with host_auth_accept_relay set and
relay_domains unset.

-- Ben (bhoc at domain pentagroup in country ch)